Due to our thrift stores being closed and currently no revenue coming in, we've recently signed up with Canada Helps to allow our supporters to make donations online. All donors will be issued a tax receipt.
Please click on the Donate Now button below to support Beyond The Blue Box.
We appreciate and thank you for your support!
Beyond The Blue Box
» For over 28 years!
» Community Volunteers
» Charitable Institution
Beyond the Blue Box will be closed on Mondays and Thursdays until further notice. (Beginning June 8, 2020)
After 10 days of operating 7-days a week, it became apparent that the abundance of donations coming in has exceeded our capacity to store/quarantine these items.
It has also inhibited the ability to provide staff with a safe space to socially distance while processing our stock.
During these two days of closure, we will be able to safely process items and sanitize both stock and our store.
The safety of the community is first and foremost in this decision.
We thank you sincerely for your continued support and for your generosity in donating to our organization.
The Boutique will be closed until further notice.
New shopping and donating rules are in place and among some of these procedures are:
If you are sick, please stay home.
New hours: 10-4 Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat (Closed Mon & Thur)
- Limited shoppers
- Social distancing enforced
- Children are to stay with caregivers
- You will enter BBB through the Book Nook
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided upon entering
- Limit handling products
- No back packs
- Face masks are preferred
- Disinfectant spray is available
- Staff will be wiping and disinfecting (spraying) the store and stock frequently
- Stock will be held for 48-72 hours before being shelved
- All donations will be sprayed with disinfectant, including clothing
- Aisles are designated “one way only” - directional arrows are on floor.
- Social distancing foot patterns are in place, please be cognizant of your space
- We prefer the use of Debit/credit
- Exit will be though our Main entrance.
Donations: Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed & Fri 10-3 (Closed Mon & Thur)
- donations will be received in front of the boutique
- One donator at a time, please
- Please pull up and open your trunk
- Stay in your car, if possible.
- If donations are inside your car, you will have to unload them and place them on the table in front of the boutique. (Staff are not permitted to lean into your car. ) Please keep this in mind when loading up furniture, staff may be unable to help you unload it from your back seat.
- Large pieces of furniture must be nearly pristine in order for BBB to allow them on premises
- If we are inundated with donations, we may need to alter our hours.
As with any plan, we may change things to better serve our customers and keep everyone safe.
We will be monitoring the Covid-19 cases and take all steps necessary to protect our community.
We missed you and look forward to seeing you all on Monday!
Come visit our store and find a library full of fantastic books. Many are still on the Best Sellers list! Our books are replenished twice a week by our “Book Ladies” - Margaret, Ann, Mary, Marny, Lynn, Honor, Annie and Joan. We could not do it without their tremendous help!
This message is only visible to site admins
What Others Are Saying
I stopped by to Beyond the Blue box last night as I was passing through town for the first time. Everyone was extremely welcoming, lovely and helpful! I found some amazing treasures that were for a great price. Thank you so much and I can't wait to come back.
-The Perth Shop
Thank you for being there for us Blue Box. I love wandering round your store always something interesting to find. I have friends who come from out of the area and they are thrilled with a trip to the Blue Box. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, to all the wonderful people who volunteer your time to our organization !! We could not do it without you! You make Beyond the Blue Box an amazing place and we are so fortunate to have you!
-Beyond the Blue Box
When I lived in Cobourg I used to go at least once a week. There were always a wide variety of treasures and practical items to find. I loved that the businees provided work for developmentally challenged workers (who were fantastic to chat with and help you find what you need) AND re-using items, AND diverting from the landfill. I wish they had a Beyond The Blue Box here. Love it!
Love, love, love this place❣️
As we down-size our home, I’m thrilled to donate my previously treasured items to such a good cause at BEYOND THE BLUE BOX❣️Furthermore, I love to walk through the building(s) and perhaps find a wee “new-to-me” treasure❣️This is recycling/reusing at its best❣️ I also look forward to my chats with Victor and Gail
Tues, Wed & Fri 10am to 4pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm
Closed Mon & Thur