Due to our thrift stores being closed and currently no revenue coming in, we've recently signed up with Canada Helps to allow our supporters to make donations online. All donors will be issued a tax receipt.
Please click on the Donate Now button below to support Beyond The Blue Box.
We appreciate and thank you for your support!
Beyond The Blue Box
» For over 28 years!
» Community Volunteers
» Charitable Institution
Attention Valued Customers:
After serious consideration and planning, Beyond the Blue Box will be re-opening on May 25, 2020 at 10:00 am.
We have been working non-stop since closing in March and have focused solely on the health and safety of our Blue Box community. We have sought advice and information from our government, MOL, Health Unit, two special nurses and a local physician, who all took the time to understand our unique organization and offer safety advice to protect us all. (Thank you all so very much)
The Boutique will be closed until further notice.
New shopping and donating rules are in place and among some of these procedures are:
If you are sick, please stay home.
New hours: 10-4 Monday-Sunday
- Limited shoppers
- Social distancing enforced
- Children are to stay with caregivers
- You will enter BBB through the Book Nook
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided upon entering
- Limit handling products
- No back packs
- Face masks are preferred
- Disinfectant spray is available
- Staff will be wiping and disinfecting (spraying) the store and stock frequently
- Stock will be held for 48-72 hours before being shelved
- All donations will be sprayed with disinfectant, including clothing
- Aisles are designated “one way only” - directional arrows are on floor.
- Social distancing foot patterns are in place, please be cognizant of your space
- We prefer the use of Debit/credit
- Exit will be though our Main entrance.
Donations: Monday- Saturday 10-3
- donations will be received in front of the boutique
- One donator at a time, please
- Please pull up and open your trunk
- Stay in your car, if possible.
- If donations are inside your car, you will have to unload them and place them on the table in front of the boutique. (Staff are not permitted to lean into your car. ) Please keep this in mind when loading up furniture, staff may be unable to help you unload it from your back seat.
- Large pieces of furniture must be nearly pristine in order for BBB to allow them on premises
- If we are inundated with donations, we may need to alter our hours.
As with any plan, we may change things to better serve our customers and keep everyone safe.
We will be monitoring the Covid-19 cases and take all steps necessary to protect our community.
We missed you and look forward to seeing you all on Monday!
Come visit our store and find a library full of fantastic books. Many are still on the Best Sellers list! Our books are replenished twice a week by our “Book Ladies” - Margaret, Ann, Mary, Marny, Lynn, Honor, Annie and Joan. We could not do it without their tremendous help!
What Others Are Saying
I stopped by to Beyond the Blue box last night as I was passing through town for the first time. Everyone was extremely welcoming, lovely and helpful! I found some amazing treasures that were for a great price. Thank you so much and I can't wait to come back.
-The Perth Shop
Thank you for being there for us Blue Box. I love wandering round your store always something interesting to find. I have friends who come from out of the area and they are thrilled with a trip to the Blue Box. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, to all the wonderful people who volunteer your time to our organization !! We could not do it without you! You make Beyond the Blue Box an amazing place and we are so fortunate to have you!
-Beyond the Blue Box
When I lived in Cobourg I used to go at least once a week. There were always a wide variety of treasures and practical items to find. I loved that the businees provided work for developmentally challenged workers (who were fantastic to chat with and help you find what you need) AND re-using items, AND diverting from the landfill. I wish they had a Beyond The Blue Box here. Love it!
Love, love, love this place❣️
As we down-size our home, I’m thrilled to donate my previously treasured items to such a good cause at BEYOND THE BLUE BOX❣️Furthermore, I love to walk through the building(s) and perhaps find a wee “new-to-me” treasure❣️This is recycling/reusing at its best❣️ I also look forward to my chats with Victor and Gail
Weekdays 10am to 5pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Sunday 11am to 4pm